What has been done?

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2009 at 11:22 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 9:42 AM

This thread will keep a track on what has been done.

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM

September 28, 2009.

Change Set 29838

• Layout for screen 1 almost done.
  • Implemented automatic conversion depending on International settings (US, Metric etc) and updates values accordinly - ie Altitude is shown either in feet, or meters.
  • Started coding to change screens using soft buttons on keyboard.
  • Screen 1 now displays TAS (True Airspeed), IAS (Indicated Airspeed), Mach, Vertical Rate, Altitude.
  • Altitude display changes to Flight Levels at 6000ft.  Ie Below 6000 is displayed as 5,580ft, 6000ft and above is displayed as FL064, 10,000ft above displayed as FL110 etc.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:00 AM

September 29, 2009.

Change Set 29838

• Started Implemting Screen 2 - Fuel Levels.
  • Levels are dispayed in percentage, although for some reason FSUIPC reads 100% as 99.8%.
  • Draft of screen layout for Fuel Levels.  This will change to a different design in future.

As of this change set, I have yet to implement error checking, running the program without a G15 or FS9 will display a message box.  That will be removed, and errors will be logged to a file, and will add in checks that will look if FS9/G15 is running.  If they are not found/running then it will not run the rest of the program.  A feature of this is that you can start the program before you start Flight Simulator (it sits in the background listening), instead of starting Flight simulator, then alt-tabbing and starting G15FS9. 

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM

October 09, 2009.

Change Set 31706

• Complete re-work of screen layouts.
  • Added Connection check, now you can start the program before FlightSim is started. 
  • Added message on screen if no connection can be established.
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2009 at 3:57 AM

October 09, 2009.

Change Set 31809

• Added menu - allows you to select the desired screen.
  • Added Throttle Position Info screen.
  • Change of font for easier reading.

Menu Control: Button 1 opens menu, Buttons 3 & 4 scroll through menu items, Button 2 selects that item and displays screen.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 3:05 AM

October 10, 2009.

Change Set (Not Uploaded Yet)

• Added Notify Icon with "Exit" menu item.
  • Added Dispose functions to free resources when application is closed.
  • Added "Save/Restore Screen" function.  Last screen shown previously is shown on next launch.
  • Added Configuration screen through Logitech's Keyboard manager.  Currently able to set timer intervals for Update and Connection Status.  On-Screen Configuration may be implemented.
  • Moved code for each screen to its own module.
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Whoooo its been over a month since the last update.  The project had been on hold since 10th of October as my new job has taken the time away from developing.  But do not worry, the project is still going - it may take a little longer but will slowly get there.  The next update and maybe a Beta release will be available next week by the 6th December, progress may be slightly faster during xmas as I have time off from other commitments.

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 3:13 AM

Started working on the project again, have added another fuel screen that shows fuel usage for each engine, AVG rate and how long you can go on the remaining fuel.

Also I have decided to take away the FSUIPC check (that displays a screen if Flight Sim is not running) and use Process() to check when Flight Sim is launched, much neater and nicer way to go.

I will commit the changes to the source when those 2 things have been done.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2010 at 10:02 AM

The Average fuel usage screen has been done, although it needs fine tuning but seems to be working.

New features I have on the drawing board is Fuel usage during climb cruise and decents - with the total amount of fuel used during a trip automatically.  It will start logging when the aircraft has left the runway and stops on touchdown. Also I am thinking of having it log to a file and using an external program, able to parse the data and display a log at each point of the flight.

Also, I will try and implement somehow Data from Vatsim and display on the screen for example - pilots online, weather information closest to you or just the Metar info, ATIS, Frequencies etc.

Also, If anyone would like to help develop G15FS9 - I would like to hear from you - particually when it's time to do a ground-up rewrite which will be done when all the features have been added and working, just to make it a little faster, lighter and easier as currently I am only able to work on it one or 2 days a week.  The applet is developed using Visual Studio's Visual Basic.NET 2008, if you have the express version (freely downloaded from Microsoft.com) then even better. 

I will commit the new source code changes and updated EXE on Sunday 24th Jan.